Thursday, August 15, 2013

Happy Mama Manifesto

I've been spending more time reading than writing this summer.

On the days when I feel like I'm definitely failing at this whole parenting thing, I dive into the internet and read. I've been inspired other parents. I've been touched by their honesty. I've felt less isolated by reading their stories. I've been reminded that our good days outnumber the bad even when I find myself obsessing about the bad ones.
All this inspired me to write this manifesto. I know all of these things will not happen every day but, if I make these my intention, I know they will happen more often than not.

To both of my dear girls,

I will take care of myself so I can take care of you.

I will say yes.

I will take a deep breath and count to ten.

I will play.

I will smile.

I will not yell.

I will let go of the small things.

I will listen to you.

I will let you try to do it by yourself.

I will accept your help even if it takes longer.

I will make sure you know how much I love you every single day.

I will try to see the world through your eyes.

I will slow down.

I will not rush.

I will relax.

I will make messes with you.

I will make mistakes and I will learn from them.

I will apologize when I am wrong.

I will do my best.

I will make you feel safe.

I will give you stability.

I will give you space to be a child.

I will set realistic expectations for you and for myself.

I will be the best mother that I can be.

I will accept my parenting and forgive my imperfections.

I will be forever grateful you are my daughter.
~~
This post is part of the Tuesday Baby Link Up.

2 comments:

  1. I featured your post at the Tuesday Baby link up this week! I hope you will link up with us again. Your post truly needs to be a momma's manifesto.

    http://www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com/2013/08/tuesday-baby-link-up-week-45.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great affirmations! I'm going to practice thinking some of them tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...